Monday, September 13, 2010

New School Year!!!!

The new school year began on my dad's birthday, August 30th. I was very exited to finally be in the 5th grade! On the other hand, I was kind of sad because Ryan and I won't be going to the same school anymore! He was sad to, but very exited to start at a new school, Oakland School for the Arts. He was exited to finally have periods, and to be in 6th grade. At last! So far in my school and Ryan's school, everything has been going great. I have Mrs. Brookes as my 5th grade teacher. She is very nice and likes art just like me. We has computers on Monday, P.E. on Tuesday, nothing so far on Wednesday or Thursday, and Art and Music on Friday. Student council elections started up already. This year, I am not going to run for anything even though last year, I was the Secretary. Everyone wants me to run for President, but it's to late for that now! It has been very cold recently here in Oakland, even though we had a really long heat wave from when we went camping to about 4 days after school started. I have joined a new hula hulau and I am auditioning for a competition in October. The hula instructor is very hard on us and we have to run for a long time, do 3 types of leg exercises, and then we have to do a weird type of push-up where you only do the push-up with the top half of your body. Even though he makes us do all of these things for a really long time, I still really love this hulau. Another problem is the times of the practices. Rehearsal is two days a week on Saturday and Monday. On Mondays, although we will be switching off with the boys, runs until 10:00pm which is very very late for a school night. I guess that I'll just have to be tired on Tuesdays! San Francisco Girls Chorus is great. It is on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays in San Francisco. We have worked out a Bart-pool that has two other girls. We go on Bart to the end of the line, then take Muni to 1 and a half blocks down the street and into the chorus building. I guess that's it for now!

2 comments:

Sierra said...

Awesome! Cool blog!

Sierra said...

I love your backgroud!